Koser's Grocery Store, 1970

Brandstatter-R_0015.jpg

Dublin Core

Description

Koser's Store, located on 1st Avenue from 1903-1970, acted as both a grocery store and a community center for Coralville residents. Originally called Wilson's Store after store manager Charles Wilson, the name changed when owner Edward Koser took over management in 1914.

After Koser's death in 1935, the grocery store was run by Vera (Koser) and Wade Russell, Koser's daughter and her husband. In September of 1954, Clifford and Inez (Snavely) Koser bought the store and managed it for 16 years before closing its doors on December 1, 1970 (Lovetinsky et al., p. 60).

Publisher

Coralville Public Library. Coralville Digital History Library.

Date

1970

Contributor

Rights

Educational use only, no other permissions given.

Format

jpeg

Language

English

Coverage

Coralville, Iowa

Citation

“Koser's Grocery Store, 1970,” Coralville Digital History Library, accessed May 27, 2024, https://coralvilledigitalhistory.omeka.net/items/show/11.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>