Coralville schoolhouse rededication, 1983

Dublin Core

Description

A photograph of the front of the 1876 schoolhouse. Men and women gather on the front steps and along the sidewalk. Two guards stand in front, guns in their hands.

In July of 1983, the city of Coralville rededicated the 1876 schoolhouse as a museum for the Johnson County Historical Society. This celebration was a part of the first festivities that would become the annual city 4thFest (Walch, p. 83).

Publisher

Coralville Public Library. Coralville Digital History Library.

Date

July 1983

Rights

Educational use only, no other permissions given.

Format

jpeg

Coverage

Coralville, Iowa

Files

97.33.64c.jpg

Citation

“Coralville schoolhouse rededication, 1983,” Coralville Digital History Library, accessed December 2, 2022, https://coralvilledigitalhistory.omeka.net/items/show/133.

Output Formats

Social Bookmarking