Coralville, Iowa Post Office, 1950s

Dublin Core

Description

A photograph of the Coralville Post Office. The building is two stories and looks to be built with concrete blocks. The actual post office appears to be on the left side of the building (a sign for the post office is in the front window); a sign for an attorney is on the right side of the building with windows made up of glass blocks. A light covering of snow is on the ground, though the sidewalks are clear.

On January 15, 1955, Coralville opened this City Post Office after going through a half a century of not having one. The first clerk in this new building was A. R. Bowers; his wife, Zella, assisted him (Lovetinsky et al., p. 66; Walch, p. 43).

Publisher

Coralville Public Library. Coralville Digital History Library.

Date

1950s

Rights

Educational use only, no other permissions given.

Format

jpeg

Language

English

Coverage

Coralville, Iowa

Files

82.155.1a(142).jpg

Citation

“Coralville, Iowa Post Office, 1950s,” Coralville Digital History Library, accessed October 19, 2021, https://coralvilledigitalhistory.omeka.net/items/show/293.

Output Formats

Social Bookmarking