Town Hall - first Coralville City Hall, undated

CPL 5.jpg

Dublin Core

Description

Town Hall, Coralville's original City Hall was built at 405 Second Ave on land donated by the Charles E. Robinson family on the understanding that the upper portion would be used for church service with town hall and community room occupying the basement. Many pioneer residents donated time and materials to the construction of the building.

If the building went unused as a church for three years the property would revert to the Robinson Family, at this time in 1921 the town purchased the building for $2500. City Hall remained there until 1972 when they moved to the present location on 7th Street behind the fire station.

Publisher

Coralville Public Library. Coralville Digital History Library.

Date

undated (after 1972 when railing were added)

Rights

Educational use only, no other permissions given.

Format

jpeg

Language

English

Coverage

Coralville, Iowa

Citation

“Town Hall - first Coralville City Hall, undated,” Coralville Digital History Library, accessed July 14, 2024, https://coralvilledigitalhistory.omeka.net/items/show/90.

Output Formats

Comments

Allowed tags: <p>, <a>, <em>, <strong>, <ul>, <ol>, <li>